- Full time (76 hours per fortnight)
- Nine- day fortnight option
- Generous superannuation
- Interesting and diverse work
- Access to onsite gym facilities (at the Civic Centre)
- Salary range: $88,678 to $95,492
About the City:
City of Gosnells employees have an opportunity to serve a diverse community of more than 130,000 residents. We are a large local government organisation in Western Australia and have a reputation for professionalism, innovation and excellence. City employees enjoy a work environment that encourages employees to grow professionally but also recognises their need for work-life balance.
About this position:
You will coach, engage and influence the workforce whilst driving and promoting safe behaviour in line with our Safety Management System and applicable legislation. You will assist areas of the business in contractor management looking for continuous improvement and best practices.
What we are looking for:
To be successful, you must have:
- An understanding of contemporary and new Workplace Health and Safety legislation and Australian Standards.
- An ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proven report and policy writing experience.
- Current National Police Clearance (less than three months old)
- Current driver's licence.
- Tertiary qualification in Occupational Health and Safety or a related discipline.
Covid-19 vaccination requirements:
The City requires new employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (or have a medical exemption) to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people. If you are applying for a role at the City, please consider this requirement when submitting your application. The City will also adhere to any relevant health directives that affect our workforce.
In return we can offer you:
A challenging and rewarding position, competitive salary, additional superannuation contributions, professional development opportunities, as well as the opportunity to work in a friendly environment and contribute to a forward-thinking Local Government organisation.
Applications close at 4 pm on Thursday 27 January 2022
The City of Gosnells embraces diversity and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, young people and people with disabilities.