Library Officer (Contract)
- Fixed term contract (effective immediately to 30 December 2022)
- Part time: 57 hours per fortnight
- Generous superannuation
- Interesting and diverse work
- Hourly rate: $35.0152 to $37.2131 (plus any applicable shift loading)
About the City:
City of Gosnells employees serve a diverse community of more than 130,000 residents. We are a large local government organisation in Western Australia and have a reputation for professionalism, innovation and excellence. City employees enjoy a work environment that encourages employees to grow professionally but also recognises their need for work-life balance.
The City has four libraries and delivers the library services through a portfolio based approach that allows staff to undertake a range of duties and develop new skills.
About this position:
If you love working in a diverse community, have great customer service skills, and can assist people find information and help with technology - then a wonderful opportunity has become available within Library Services. The position will work at different libraries undertaking varied roles and is currently based within the Collections team.
What we are looking for:
To be successful, you must have:
- Previous experience in a library or similar customer-facing environment
- Outstanding interpersonal skills working with teams, individuals and the community.
- Good customer service skills
- The ability to undertake multifaceted tasks in an accurate and timely manner
- Knowledge of collection maintenance procedures, good attention to detail, and a general understanding of Resource Description and Access (RDA) cataloguing rules.
- The ability to work evenings and weekends
- Current National Police Clearance (less than 3 months old)
- Current "C-Class" driver's licence
- Working with children's check card
Covid-19 vaccination requirements:
The City requires new employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (or have a medical exemption) to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people. If you are applying for a role at the City, please consider this requirement when submitting your application. The City will also adhere to any relevant health directives that affect our workforce.
In return we can offer you:
A challenging and rewarding position, competitive salary, additional superannuation contributions, professional development opportunities, as well as the opportunity to work in a friendly environment and contribute to a forward-thinking Local Government organisation.
Applications close at 4 pm on Thursday 27 January 2022.
The City of Gosnells embraces diversity and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, young people and people with disabilities.