Community Safety Project Officer
- Part time (48 hours per fortnight)
- Dynamic working environment
- Generous superannuation
- Access to on-site gym facility (At the Civic Centre)
- Hourly rate: $35.0152 to $37.2131
About the City:
City of Gosnells' employees have an opportunity to serve a diverse community of more than 130,000 residents. We are a large local government organisation in Western Australia and have a reputation for professionalism, innovation and excellence. City employees enjoy a work environment that encourages employees to grow professionally but also recognises their need for work-life balance.
About this position:
The City is seeking an experienced community programs practitioner to join its Community Development and Safety team in the role of Community Safety Project Officer. This role works with internal and external stakeholders to deliver a range of programs which aim to make the City of Gosnells a safer place for all. This includes small-scale community events, safety workshops, communications campaigns, assisting with CCTV projects, home security incentive schemes and much more!
You must have:
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Experience planning community programs.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to build relationships and develop partnerships with a range of stakeholders.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- The ability to work flexible hours, including weekends and/or nights, and the ability to deliver programs and events indoors and outdoors.
Experience managing volunteers would be an advantage.
- Current National Police Clearance (less than 3 months old)
- Current driver's licence.
- Working with Children's check card
Covid-19 vaccination requirements:
The City requires new employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (or have a medical exemption) to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people. If you are applying for a role at the City, please consider this requirement when submitting your application. The City will also adhere to any relevant health directives that affect our workforce.
In return we can offer you:
A challenging and rewarding position, competitive salary, additional superannuation contributions, professional development opportunities, as well as the opportunity to work in a friendly environment and contribute to a forward-thinking Local Government organisation.
Applications close at 4pm on Thursday 27 January 2022
The City of Gosnells embraces diversity and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, young people and people with disabilities.